[Mailman-Users] Question regarding Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 23 16:35:24 CEST 2006

ONG,HAI-SEONG wrote:

>When I am in the bin direcocotry, I use the command withlist -l -r
>fix_url /listname/, I notice there are 3 fix_url in the bin directory.
>May I know if the "fix_url" is either
>fix_url.py/fix_url.pyc/fix_url.pyo?

It's all three. The source module is the .py file. The .pyc and .pyo
are compiled and optimized compiled files respectively. Python manages
these transparently, recompiling if necessary if the source is newer.

>And also, the listname you mean here is the mailing list, right? For
>example, (listname = lists/dragonite) which inside dragonite contains
>config.pck. Am I right?
>

>I have tried to use the command "withlist -l -r fix_url
>../lists/dragonite" and then it come out with the error as below;

In your case, the exact command is

withlist -l -r fix_url dragonite

i.e., just the list's name, not the path or the config.pick.

Note that if you just run 'fix_url.py' it will give some detail about
its usage.

>Importing fix_url...
>Running fix_url.py()...
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>	File "/usr/sbin/withlist", line 275, in ?
>	Main()
>File "/usr/sbin/withlist", line 250, in main
>	Func = getattr(mod, callable)
>Attribute error: 'module' object has no attribute 'py'

This error is because the command you gave was

withlist -l -r fix_url.py ...

rather than

withlist -l -r fix_url ...

Run 'bin/fix_url.py' and 'bin/withlist --help' for more details.