[Mailman-Users] Question about the configure script.

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 00:08:28 CEST 2006

On 6/20/06, Ryan Steele <steele at agora-net.com> wrote:
> target installation directory in his wake.  Is there any other place
> besides the config.log that would yield the options fed to configure?
> If not explicitly, is there a way to extrapolate this simply from the
> installation directory?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Check the GID of the various scripts in cgi-bin. I believe this is
what's mainly effected. E.g., running the admin cgi-bin binary
manually gives:

pdbogen at vmmail:~$ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/admin

<head>
<title>Mailman CGI error!!!</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Mailman CGI error!!!</h1>
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:
<pre>
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
wrapper script to be executed as group "www-data", but
the system's web server executed the CGI script as
group "staff".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
script as group "www-data", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=staff'.</pre>

I'm not sure that it matters that this match the old installation, though.

--
- Patrick Bogen