[Mailman-Users] Question about the configure script.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 21 02:13:49 CEST 2006

Ryan Steele wrote:

>I have a question about the options for the configure script.  I'm
>upgrading an installation of Mailman to 2.1.8, but I'm not sure what the
>previous sysadmin configured for the --with-mail-gid option.  He has
>apparently deleted the mailman-<version> directory, leaving only the
>target installation directory in his wake.  Is there any other place
>besides the config.log that would yield the options fed to configure?
>If not explicitly, is there a way to extrapolate this simply from the
>installation directory?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick gave a good hint, but with respect to the CGI wrappers and
--with-cgi-gid.

For the mail wrapper, run the command

path/to/mail/mailman post

The wrapper will check the invoking GID before the list so the absence
of the list in the command is OK. The output should tell you what
group(s) is/are expected. If it complains about the missing list arg,
you ran it as one of the expected groups.