[Mailman-Users] cleaning up dead addresses

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jun 11 05:29:35 CEST 2006

Daevid Vincent wrote:

>Yeah, except the problem is that most servers just silently "accept" on
>behalf of that person. Ever get a bounce back from hotmail, AOL, or any
>other big ISP? NO.

Actually, I see bounces from AOL all the time for lots of reasons
ranging from "non-existent user" to "we didn't like a URL in the body
of your message". What they don't bounce is messages they accept and
put in a 'spam' folder.

>This is _exactly_ why I asked for a "re-confirm subscription" request.
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1504204&group_id=103&atid=100103

Which was just submitted as a bug and duplicates your RFE of a couple
of weeks ago at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1495305&group_id=103&atid=350103>.

It doesn't really help to re-submit what is really a feature request as
a bug. It just clutters up the tracker and makes the task of fixing
things seem more daunting than it really is.

If you're just trying to ping us to see if we're paying attention, it
would be much better to add a comment to your original request.