[Mailman-Users] Trying to tighten up my security...

Matthew Clarkson matt at mail.netera.ca
Mon Jul 10 20:11:10 CEST 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Jon D. Slater wrote:

> I would like to be able to allow anyone on the 'Members' list to
> send e-mail
> to the 'Board' with out having to add each member to the board list.

Hi Jon, I don't believe there is a straight forward way to do this
(maybe someone can correct me though).
One way I can think of for doing this is creating a script, which
would run as a cronjob to add any members in your Members list to the
accept_these_nonmembers field of your Board list, this would however
have to be done through the wishlist command.
I have an announce script, which could be modified to do this fairly
easily to do what you wish located at http://www.netera.ca/

Let me know if you need a hand with modifying it if you would like to
go this route, it shouldn't be too difficult.

--
Matthew Clarkson
Netera Alliance.