[Mailman-Users] Trying to tighten up my security...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 10 20:17:09 CEST 2006

Jon D. Slater wrote:

>I found this clue:

Where?

>> How do I allow subscribers from another list to post in my list without
>adding them as members?
>

>>     This particular feature might be useful if you manage multiple lists,
>but would like common
>
>>     senders among them all without needing to update each one when a new
>subscriber is added.
>

>>     To do this, log into the list's administrative interface:
>

>>       * Go to Privacy options
>
>>       * Go to Sender filters
>
>>       * Add another list's address into accept_these_listsenders
>(including @mailman.ucalgary.ca, one address per line)
>
>>       * Press the Submit Your Changes button when finished
>

>But I don't see 'accept_these_listsenders' on any of my Board at blahblah.com
>administrative pages.

I think the above is referring to some locally modified Mailman (at
ucalgary.ca ?).

See
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1220144&group_id=103&atid=300103>
for another way to do this. This patch implements the ability to, in
your case, add @members to the board list's accept_these_nonmembers to
allow any member of the members list to post to the board list.