[Mailman-Users] Mailman archive messages(not rm, but install!)

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Dec 8 17:10:09 CET 2006

Quoting Todd Zullinger (tmz at pobox.com):
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > Paul Tomblin wrote:
> >>Quoting Barry Warsaw (barry at python.org):
>
> According to the docs for email.Generator, mangle_from defaults to
> True and has since at least python 2.3.  So setting it shouldn't be
> needed AFAICS.

Oh right, now I get it.  I told you I didn't know Python, but I should have
been able to figure that
    def __init__(self, outfp, mangle_from_=True, maxheaderlen=78):
meant that it defaulted to True in Generator.py so didn't need to be
changed in Mailman.

> In that case, shouldn't any message that reaches mailman with an
> unescaped From_ line in the body already be handled properly?  It
> seems like something else must be borked.  That or all of the messages
> in a list mbox that contain unescaped From_ lines got there from
> really old versions of Mailman/python.

That is distinctly possible.  The archives in question go back to 1998.  I
didn't keep track of when the *last* unescaped From_ line was put in the
archives.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
It could have been raining flaming bulldozers, and those idiots would have