[Mailman-Users] Help with Mailman and Sendmail

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Dec 4 06:03:38 CET 2006

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Yep.  I was editing "boost.mc" so in /etc/mail I did
>
>   make boost.cf
>   cp boost.cf sendmail.cf
>   make restart

Problem solved: I was pointing sendmail at the wrong path for the
mailman.aliases file.

[/etc/aliases was just a symlink to
/etc/mail/aliases, so I was pointing sendmail at
/etc/mail/mailman.aliases, but of course that was wrong.  I needed to
be specifying /etc/mailman.aliases.]

Anyway, thanks very much; it all seems to be working now.

Say, if I really want to distinguish lists.mydomain.com from
mydomain.com, is there any reason I can't still set up a virtual mail
host and tack an automated updating of the virtusers file as shown in
http://www.ddj.com/dept/architect/184413752?pgno=4 onto
/usr/local/sbin/mailman.aliases ?

Thanks again,

--