[Mailman-Users] Help with Mailman and Sendmail

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Dec 4 04:40:52 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>Uh-huh.  But now I have all the products mentioned in step 5 except
>>for mailman.aliases.db.  I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but... any
>>clues?
>

> If /etc/mailman.aliases is properly referenced in the sendmail
> configuration, the /usr/bin/newaliases command in the
> /usr/bin/newaliases script should create/update the
> /etc/mailman.aliases.db file.
>
> Did you remember "Run a make (or otherwise refresh sendmail.cf and then
> restart sendmail" from step 3?

Yep.  I was editing "boost.mc" so in /etc/mail I did

  make boost.cf
  cp boost.cf sendmail.cf
  make restart

Another problem I'm been having is the inability to get past the end
of

  http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node40.html

i.e.

     review the site list's configuration via the admin pages.
     You should also subscribe yourself to the site list.

<20 minutes of flailing later>...oooh, http://my-domain/mailman/admin
works

I guess it would be good if the instructions would tell me how to find
that :)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting