[Mailman-Users] Help with Mailman and Sendmail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 4 06:41:43 CET 2006

David Abrahams wrote:

>Say, if I really want to distinguish lists.mydomain.com from
>mydomain.com, is there any reason I can't still set up a virtual mail
>host and tack an automated updating of the virtusers file as shown in
>http://www.ddj.com/dept/architect/184413752?pgno=4 onto
>/usr/local/sbin/mailman.aliases ?

I think you'd be OK (I'm not particularly knowledgeable about sendmail
virtual domains). One word of caution; the article you refer to is
written for Mailman 2.0.x, not 2.1.x.

Note that if you were to put

POSTFIX_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.mydomain.com'] in mm_cfg.py, the
genaliases/list create/list delete process will maintain
data/virtual-mailman in the same manner as data/aliases and run
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD to update the virtual maps. POSTFIX_MAP_CMD could be
set up analogously to POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD.