[Mailman-Users] Mailman in frames

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Aug 27 06:52:18 CEST 2006

At 8:18 PM -0700 2006-08-26, Todd Williams wrote:

>  I see that Mailman seems to work in frames "ok", but I have run into a
>  small problem.  On one of my sites I want it to be private.  So to see
>  the archive you must login.  It asks for a user name and password on
>  every click...  month, thread, posting, etc. Is there a way around this?

Sounds like a cookie problem, which is discussed in the FAQ.

>   I have seen that if I access the sight unframed then it works works
>  fine framed.  I assume this is a result of cookie being dropped in a
>  manner that is accessible everywhere.

I'm not sure how the use of frames will affect this issue.  Outside
of frames, this kind of problem is typically because of a cookie
problem, or perhaps an error in the way that URL rewriting is done on
the web server.  But how frames plays in that mix, I have no idea.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.