[Mailman-Users] Regexp help - Matching Subjects to Hold Posts in Mailman 2.0.11

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue May 31 03:19:42 CEST 2005

>>>>> "David" == David Powell <(YANQ)" <tech at yanq.org.au>> writes:

Life will be much easier for this kind of task if you upgrade to
Mailman 2.1.x; 2.1.6 is current.

    David> Here are the different regexp's that I've tried, none seem
    David> to work.

Really, you should invest in Jeffrey Friedl's book, _Mastering Regular
Expressions_.  I'm sure there are many on-line tutorials, too.  This
is not the channel for questions that arise because you don't
understand how to construct a regular expression.  For now, try

subject:[ \t]*\[SPAM
subject:[ \t]*\\[SPAM

I forget offhand whether Mailman treats the strings it reads as "raw
strings" or as regular strings.  If the former, the first regexp is
the one that should work.  If the latter, the second will work.