[Mailman-Users] Regexp help - Matching Subjects to Hold Posts in Mailman 2.0.11

David Powell (YANQ) tech at yanq.org.au
Tue May 31 00:58:15 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I've only recently discovered the world of regexps, so please bare with
me.  What I want to do is block messages whose subject starts with "[SPAM".

Mail to my server goes through spamassassin first - it alters mail that
it thinks is spam by adding [SPAM xx.xx] to the start of the subject.
What I'd like to do is get mailman to just automatically drop these
messages.

An example subject is something like this:

Subject:  	[SPAM 07.49] Stop your computer from crashing, guaranteed!

(btw, I've just copied and pasted this from mailmans administratrive
requests page - there is a tab b/w the colon and the [ open bracket).

Here are the different regexp's that I've tried, none seem to work.

subject: .*\[SPAM*
subject:.*\[SPAM*
subject: .*[SPAM*
subject:.*[SPAM*