[Mailman-Users] Allow a domain to post to a list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 18 00:04:07 CEST 2005

Miguel Tarazona Belenguer wrote:

>The syntax does not work. I put the config directive in a file
>posters.config and when I aply the config this is the result:
>
>system:~/scripts/listas/mailman/config# cat posters.config
>posters='^.+ at my\.uni\.es$'

First of all, posters is a list of strings, not a string so that should
be

posters=['^.+ at my\.uni\.es$']

>system:~/scripts/listas/mailman/config# config_list -v -i posters.config
>testlist
>attribute "posters" changed
>
>system:~/scripts/listas/mailman/config# config_list -o - testlist | grep
>posters
>posters = '^.+ at my\\.uni\\.es$'
>forbidden_posters = []
>

>As you can see, the config_list script adds one extra backslash before
>the dot, so the regexp is not correct, I don't figure how to solve it
>and I don't know why it happens.

It appears that config_list is escaping the '\' character by doubling
it. If this still occurs after you make it a list, You can try setting
posters using withlist.

For example:

$ bin/withlist -l testlist
The variable `m' is the testlist MailList instance
>>> m.posters=['^\.+ at my\.uni\.es']
>>> m.Save()
>>>                             <- control-D
Unlocking (but not saving) list: mailman
Finalizing
$