[Mailman-Users] Moderated group.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 31 04:39:24 CEST 2005

J.R. Constance wrote:

>Hmmm. I'm using an installation of Mailman on hosted space at Jumpdomain.com.  I did check the admin interface and there are no pending requests for moderators, and nothing in the archives.

I think you need to get help from Jumpdomain.com. It really looks like
there is a problem somewhere involving more than just your list
settings (although you could set up a small, moderated test list and
see if that works - even if it does though, it doesn't help solve your
problem).

You need to be sure posts to the list are getting to Mailman. Do the
other addresses work? If you e-mail directly to the listname-bounces
address, do you get an unrecognized bounce. If you e-mail
listname-owner do the owners/moderators get the message. If you e-mail
listname-request, do you get a response from mailman? If these things
don't work, then maybe the MTA aliases for this list are messed up. If
they do, it still doesn't rule this out for the posting address, but
it means it's less likely to be an MTA problem.

Beyond that, you need to be able to see the mailman logs or at least
get the provider to look at them for you. Otherwise, you'll never
figure out what's going on.