[Mailman-Users] Handling multiple subscriptions with one confirmation

moto wrench motowrench at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:34:12 CEST 2005

> >  I'm hosting several related list using MM 2.15 on Freebsd. I would
> >  like to  enable members to subscribe to several list with only one
> >  confirmation.
>
>         Unless you're manipulating things behind-the-scenes, I don't
> think there's a way to do this with the current version of Mailman.
>
>         Once you are subscribed with a given address, there is a way to
> do certain things to all lists for which that address is subscribed
> (e.g., change your address on all affected lists, set yourself to be
> NOMAIL, etc...), but this only works once you're subscribed.

I realize this would take some work but I think it might be doable
using code from MM. Here is my idea, please let me know what you
think,

Create:
1) pop email account to recieve mulit-sub confirmations and bounces.
2) python script to generate and send the confirmation email
3) python script to check the multi-sub email account and process the
confirmations.

The python scirpts would import as much relevant code from MM. I'm not
familiar with the confirmation process but I'm guessing when a
confirmation is sent it is recored someplace?