[Mailman-Users] convert text/html problem...

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Wed Mar 16 21:52:13 CET 2005

On Mar 16, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The default setting (don't know if this applies to OSX) for the
> conversion command is:
>
> HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = '/usr/bin/lynx -dump %(filename)s'
>
> Whatever this command writes to stdout is what you get. This command
> probably isn't working in your environment. If that's the case, you'll
> have to find something that does.

My entry (OS X Server 10.2.8, MM 2.1.5 installed from source) is:

HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = 'LYNX_TEMP_SPACE=/tmp /usr/local/bin/lynx
-force_html -dump %(filename)s'

I changed it to that based on a thread on this list a couple years ago.
I honestly don't remember know what the issue was at the time, but I
may have had to install lynx from source. OS X 10.3 client doesn't have
lynx installed, but I don't know about Server 10.3.

Dan