[Mailman-Users] munging email address in archives

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Mar 14 13:01:10 CET 2005

At 10:43 AM +0000 2005-03-14, maurizio codogno wrote:

>  I was told by a subscriber of a list I manage that there are some
>  worms/viruses which are able to parse addresses in the form
>  "user at domain dot domain", like those used in the archives by mailman.

	I would not be surprised.  This issue has been previously
reported.  See
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1059637&group_id=103&atid=100103>,
among others.

>  Do you know if there is some provision in Mailman 2.2 to let the list
>  admin choose a munging expression for addresses?

	Mailman 2.2 does not exist, at least not yet.

>                                                   I do not know Python
>  at all, but I hope it would not be so difficult, especially if there
>  is already a function which performs the munging!

	I think this has been discussed on the list fairly extensively.
Check the archives to see if anyone else has provided a recommended
patch for this issue.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755