[Mailman-Users] listowners.org

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Mar 6 16:46:19 CET 2005

At 5:53 AM -0600 2005-03-06, Willie McKemie wrote:

>  The list names are <expectedlistname>_austinfarm.org.  URLs:
>  http://austinfarm.org/mailman/admin
>  http://austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/test_austinfarm.org
>  etc

	This sounds like you're using a version of Mailman that has been
hacked to support virtual domains, either by cPanel, or something
along the lines of
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.047.htp>.

	Either way, these are hacks to the Mailman code, and the display
is necessarily a little different from what you would expect from a
standard installation.  That would certainly explain your confusion.

>  Is there somewhere on the mailman site that I should post my
>  experience?  To make the path easier for those following?
>  In particular, mailman-subscribers.py should be easier to find than it
>  seems to be.

	You can always add something to the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>.  We would ask that you
look over the entries there and try to find the right section, but
beyond that it's pretty much up to you what you want to put there.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755