[Mailman-Users] listowners.org

Willie McKemie mckemie at spamcop.net
Sun Mar 6 12:53:35 CET 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 08:27:48PM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >> This one is not so useful because it reads a list of members to unhide
> >> from the subscribers.txt local file. If you don't know who the hidden
> >> members are, it won't help you.
> >
> >Does mailman-subscribers.py list "hidden" subscribers?
>
> Yes. It uses the admin Membership List page which it assumes it
> accesses via http://<hostname>/mailman/admin/<listname>/members. This
> lists all members, hidden or not.
>

> >If you are willing or care to diddle, I set up a maillist "test",
> >password <omitted>.
>

> If I try to go to http://www.austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/test or to
> http://www.austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/homegrown/ or
> http://www.austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/test/members or
> http://www.austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/homegrown/members
> I get the generic admin page with the error message "No such list test"
> or "No such list homegrown".
>
> Until you can access these list's admin interfaces with a web browser,
> you won't be able to do it with the script either.
>
> Can you access the admin interface with a web browser? If so, what URL?
> If not http://<hostname>/mailman/admin/<listname>/members, you'll have
> to modify the script like the following (watch for folded lines):

HOT DAMN!

The list names are <expectedlistname>_austinfarm.org.  URLs:
http://austinfarm.org/mailman/admin
http://austinfarm.org/mailman/admin/test_austinfarm.org
etc

I had been accessing lists through links on
http://austinfarm.org/mailman/admin and not paying close attention to
those links.

AND.... mailman-subscribers.py works for me as advertised!

Is there somewhere on the mailman site that I should post my
experience?  To make the path easier for those following?
In particular, mailman-subscribers.py should be easier to find than it
seems to be.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!