[Mailman-Users] Large list import

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Mar 6 06:04:11 CET 2005

lists at southernohio.net wrote:

>I've got a list of a couple hundred thousand subscribers that I need to
>mass subscribe, however the file upload import keeps returning an
>"internal error."  Is there a better way to do this, such as uploading
>the lists to the server manually and cat'ing it onto the end of some
>sort of store that Mailman uses?

That's a LARGE list. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp

It sounds like you're using web mass subscribe. Is that the case? You
might be better off with bin/add_members, but you should probably run
it without notifications or welcome messages. See the entire thread
starting at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041736.html