[Mailman-Users] More on ampersand in listname

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sun Mar 6 14:01:10 CET 2005

Well, it let me create the list and I could use bin/withlist commands on it
by enclosing listname in single quotes.  Everything looked fine, but when I
tried my first post to the list, I got this back:

The Postfix program

<S&L@<domain>.org>: Command died with status 127:
    "/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post s&l". Command output: sh: line 1: l:
    command not found post script, list not found: s

So is ampersand in listname just not allowed?  - John