[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering - Reject

CL-Admin cl-admin at cox.net
Mon Jul 18 19:14:33 CEST 2005

Thanks for the prompt response, I have been digesting and doing
further research, I am not to experienced in the Mime format world and
haven't found much in my Internet searches that I understood to help
me choose what to put in the mime type..  The goal is to get the list
into plain test with NO images, several of the users are on WEB-TV and
can't read HTML.  I did find FAQ 3.10 and read most of the embedded
link to the 20+ page document on the whys to keep in plain text, would
that be the solution?

Currently the spam-specific posting filters contains (2nd field on
screen):

# Lines that *start* with a '#' are comments.
to: friend at public.com
message-id: relay.comanche.denmark.eu
from: list at listme.com
from: .*@uplinkpro.com

These values are a hold over from previous hosting company set-up.
Where does the suggested message have to be entered, is this something
I have to get the hosting company to do.  I currently have a dozen or
so users that post in HTML and there post ends up in an attachment
which is not the optimized use of the mail server or list services.

My thanks again for you assistance and bearing with my lack of
knowledge, You never learn until you get you feet wet.

Regards,

Vern Wright

Champions Mailing List
Technical Support

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
http://www.ihatespam.net