[Mailman-Users] mailman issues

gaurav_gold gaurav at gold-solutions.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 14:51:11 CET 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have had recent problems with mailman as it kept looping the emails to the users twice.

I had then realised people who replied to the mailing list went to everyone on the list also making it all look like spam.

How can people reply to the mailing list?  How do i turn off this feature?  How can i also enable a feature where if someone replies the newsletter the email gets deleted?

I also wanted to know how to do a quick unsubscribe feature so if people reply using the subject line -unsubscribe... it unsubscribes them.  How can i get this done?

Thanks

Gaurav Malhotra
Website: http://www.gold-solutions.co.uk
Email: Gaurav at gold-solutions.co.uk

For those of you who were affected by the multiple Gold Solutions email.

I would first like to apologise deeply about this.  The problem had occurred as i was just intending to send one email to a newsgroup.

The system got corrupted and kept looping it all.  While looping someone had managed to reply to the newsletter and whatever was put down was sent to all on the list.

This problem has been dealt with and you have now been reassured it wont happen again.

The last email should have been some BT email with some bad language at 18:10pm. (Of a total 12 emails)

You may have the right to forward this signature in between the dashes (---- ...),  to those whom you believe may have encountered this problem as well.

Please keep in mind Gold Solutions are not spammers and have never intended to spam anybody.