[Mailman-Users] Blocking replies & Blocking View Access to mail list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jan 14 11:28:51 CET 2005

At 6:14 PM -0700 2005-01-13, pamtonopah wrote:

>  1.  How do we block people on the mailing list from looking at the
>  entire list?

	In the web admin interface for the list, go to "Privacy Options",
then scroll down to the "Membership Exposure" section.  There should
be a setting for "Who can view subscription list?"  You probably want
to set this to be "List admin only".

>  2.  When someone wants to reply to a mailing they received from the
>  community list, how do we set it to where it goes to a designated person
>  and not everyone on the list.

	In the web admin interface, on the main page, scroll down to
section to be "No" (because you don't want to strip any existing
"Reply-To:" headers), and set the second one to be "Poster" (because
you want replies to go back to the original poster, as opposed to
being forced to go back to the list).

	Note that there is a Mailman List Administrator's manual at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-admin/index.html>, and site
administrators will also be interested in the Installation Manual at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/index.html>.

	There is also the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, and you can search the
archives of the list via the instructions at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755