[Mailman-Users] mailman issues

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 14 19:48:51 CET 2005

gaurav_gold wrote:

>How can people reply to the mailing list?  How do i turn off this feature?  How can i also enable a feature where if someone replies the newsletter the email gets deleted?

See the FAQ
article 3.11

>I also wanted to know how to do a quick unsubscribe feature so if people reply using the subject line -unsubscribe... it unsubscribes them.  How can i get this done?

If you haven't turned off the RFC 2369 headers, each e-mail contains
headers like the following ones from this list

	<mailto:mailman-users-request at python.org?subject=subscribe>

If these aren't sufficient, you could always set Reply-To: header
munging to
first_strip_reply_to - Yes
reply_goes_to_list - Explicit address
reply_to_address - either listname-request at example.com or