[Mailman-Users] Lists are missing

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 07:02:30 CET 2005

Scot Condry wrote:
> Thanks.  That got me in the right direction that I got mailman working again
> and postfix needed to know where the aliases had moved to.  But now I have
> created a new list named the same as the old list and it is working.  But I
> would like to move all the old users, password, archives etc. to the new
> directories. Is that possible?

If you copy the following 3 directories you should pick up your old list
and member data.

/var/mailman/archives            --> /var/lib/mailman/archives
/var/mailman/data                --> /var/lib/mailman/data
/var/mailman/lists               --> /var/lib/mailman/lists

You may also want to copy over the pending queue files:

/var/mailman/qfiles              --> /var/spool/mailman

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>