[Mailman-Users] Strange Email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 20 22:15:37 CET 2005

Jess Mooers wrote:

>I recently started receiving the following email:

By the cron daemon when it attempts to run the command.

>2. Can I change the address it is sent to (my domain has changed)?

Yes. See 'man cron' 'man crontab' and 'man 5 crontab'

>3. Where is the path defined as 'Applications/mailman/cron/gate_news' so I can change it?

In some crontab. Normally, it's the mailman user's crontab which is
possibly /var/spool/cron/mailman, but is installed/maintained by
'crontab' - see 'man crontab'.

However, the fact that results/errors are apparently being mailed to
'root' and not 'mailman' says this may be a crontab installed in
/etc/cron.d. These are a slightly different format as they have an
additional field between the times/days and the command which contains
the user under which to run the command.