[Mailman-Users] scrubbing/posting attachments?

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Dec 20 21:25:36 CET 2005

 (Don't know whether this post belongs in the development list or not ...)
 (I know very little about Mailman at this point, am just trying to gather
some information.)

  We would very much like to be able to configure Mailman to strip certain
attachments, but rather than deleting them entirely have them posted to
a temporary or archived location and have the attachment replaced by
a link to that location.  (The point would be to allow users to send
useful attachments to the list (e.g. Excel files etc.) without hammering
the mail server.)
   It seems that Mailman already does something very much like this for
archiving purposes.  Is it imaginable that the existing code could be
hacked/adapted to allow this behavior?

  sincerely
    Ben Bolker