[Mailman-Users] Mime used in digest

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 24 06:49:46 CEST 2004

Judy Petersen wrote:

>It appears that two of our list members are suddenly receiving their digests
>in MIME format. I read a message about it that suggested AOL was doing this
>and the user has an AOL address so I referred her. Seems AOL says they don't
>cause any changes to these emails (what I expected them to say).
>
>Anyway, is anyone familiar with this, what the problem is and the solution?

It is a subscriber option to receive digests in MIME format with each
message in a separate part. On the membership list pages, it is the
"plain" box - unchecked = MIME format digests.

On the user's options page it is "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?"

The default for new subscribers in on the Digest options page.