[Mailman-Users] Please Help!

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 23 11:41:21 CEST 2004

At 11:22 AM -0700 2004-09-16, Danny Welch wrote:

>                                               Now I can't seem to find out
>  how to change the delivery method back to HTML format.  Can you please help
>  me!  I would greatly appreciate it.

	Mailman gives you to option of converting HTML-formatted messages
to ASCII text, and it gives you the ability to either strip specific
attachment types you don't want or to only allow certain specific
certain attachment types through.

	Go to the "Content Filtering" page for your list.  If you have
enabled content filtering, there are two blocks of fields which can
be filled in.  The first block is for removing attachments of a
specific type.  The second block is for removing all attachments
which are not of this type.  One or the other of these blocks will
have had some information filled in -- by default, that is the latter
block.

	If the latter block is filled in for you, then make sure that
"text/html" is included in this list.  If the first block is filled
in, then make sure that "text/html" is *NOT* included.

	Then, you need to make sure that the radio button for "convert
text/html to text" is turned off.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755