[Mailman-Users] Editing Confirmation Pages

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:11:39 CEST 2004

> I am setting up an ³Announcement Only² account for email updates from a
> local theater group. Most of the people receiving the updates are not too
> computer savvy and I want them to have as little interaction with the
> Mailman interface as possible to avoid any confusion.

Would just setting the list to require YOUR approval for new
subscriptions work? Then your users don't need to confirm their
subscription (more work for you though).

--------
Privacy options...
 What steps are required for subscription?
  Require approval
--------

As for removing the password requirement when people subscribe I'd
suggest you set up a script for people to sign-up like this >
http://www.modwest.com/help/kb13-185.html

Also look at this thread >
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers@python.org/msg07819.html

~
"Flags are bits of coloured cloth that governments use first to
shrink-wrap people's minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the
dead." ~Arundhati Roy