[Mailman-Users] Editing Confirmation Pages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 11 03:10:28 CEST 2004

ritama wrote:

>When they fill in the form to subscribe on the theaters website, they get an
>email from Mailman to confirm the subscription.
>
>I am trying to edit the info that is displayed on that page to only say:

Visit the FAQ wizard at http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py and
read article 4.48.

The English text of the confirmation e-mail is in
$prefix/templates/en/verify.txt which can be updated sitewide, per
domain or per list as described in the FAQ article.

The English web text is in $prefix/Mailman/Cgi/confirm.py (translations
are in $prefix/messages), but note that changes here will apply
installation wide and will be lost if you upgrade Mailman. There may
well be a better way to change this text, but offhand, I don't know it.

$prefix is the path to your mailman installation.