[Mailman-Users] Editing Confirmation Pages

ritama ritama at ritama.com
Wed Sep 8 10:22:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am new to mailman and am struggling some with the interface. I think the
program is great, I just get a bit lost...

I am setting up an ³Announcement Only² account for email updates from a
local theater group. Most of the people receiving the updates are not too
computer savvy and I want them to have as little interaction with the
Mailman interface as possible to avoid any confusion.

When they fill in the form to subscribe on the theaters website, they get an
email from Mailman to confirm the subscription.

I am trying to edit the info that is displayed on that page to only say:

Confirm subscription Request
Your confirmation is required in order to complete the  subscription request
to the mailing list Idiom. Your  subscription settings are shown below; make
any necessary changes and hit  Subscribe to complete the confirmation
process.
Or hit Cancel my subscription request if you no longer want to  subscribe to
this list.

When they hit ³Subscribe² I want the next page to read:

Subscription request confirmed
 You have successfully confirmed your subscription request for
"bananas at yahoo.com" to the Idiom mailing list.

My viewers won¹t be using passwords or posting or any of Mailmans other
features.

I just want them to be able to see a simple interface with simple
instructions and info, have a couple of clicks and be done with the process
­ not wonder about a password or ³personal options²

I can¹t find where to edit this in Mailman ­ I tried the Edit the public
HTML pages , but they didn¹t seem to have what I was looking for. I looked
on ALL the options and came up with nothing that looked right.

Can I edit this info to read what I want it to?

Thanks,

ritama

::ritama design::
360.756.2328