[Mailman-Users] Using withlist to set bounce options

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Oct 30 02:47:31 CEST 2004

Kyle Banerjee wrote:

>    We want to use withlist to set all our lists so that the message is simply discarded if a nonmember tries to post.
>
>    The help file is straightforward enough on the general syntax of the withlist command, and I've found numerous examples of how to use it to perform other operations. However, I still don't know how to use it to make posts from nonmembers get discarded.

You need to define a function something like

def SetActionDiscard(mlist):
    mlist.generic_nonmember_action = 3
    mlist.Save()

in a file named SetActionDiscard.py

and run it with

   bin/withlist -l -a -r SetActionDiscard

i.e the information I think you're looking for is to give the lists'
attribute generic_nonmember_action the value 3.

>    On an aside note, is there any place where there is a concise listing of all the options that can be set with the command?

You could start with the output from

  bin/config_list -o filename listname