[Mailman-Users] Using withlist to set bounce options

Kyle Banerjee kyle.banerjee at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 30 00:28:13 CEST 2004

Howdy all,

    We run over 450 lists which are constantly bombarded by spammers. Most lists bounce posts by nonmembers to the list administrators as well as sending a message back to the phony address saying that they are not authorized to post. This confuses many of the list administrators and generates a substantial amount of email traffic.

    We want to use withlist to set all our lists so that the message is simply discarded if a nonmember tries to post.

    The help file is straightforward enough on the general syntax of the withlist command, and I've found numerous examples of how to use it to perform other operations. However, I still don't know how to use it to make posts from nonmembers get discarded.

    On an aside note, is there any place where there is a concise listing of all the options that can be set with the command?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

kyle