[Mailman-Users] Understanding Bounces

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Oct 5 06:50:52 CEST 2004

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding.

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 12:50:02PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> Yes.  The admin(s) will see each bounce, just as they see the ones now
> that the bounce processor doesn't know how to understand.  But that
> also stops Mailman from managing the bounces.

Ok, so I don't want to disable that.

> >Is there a way to see the status of bounces that mailmain is managing
> >for a given list?
>
> How about adding yourself to the list-admin alias so that both you and
> Mailman got a copy of the raw bounce?

I suppose that's one way.  It's not very easy for a list owner to set
that up, though.  (Plus, I don't have separate aliases for each list.)

So, as far as you know there's no mailman configuration options that
will let me review as either as they come in or look at what mailmain
is currently tracking in its bounce database?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org