[Mailman-Users] Re: mailman and hotmail fiters

demo macangels at spamcop.net
Fri Oct 1 18:48:50 CEST 2004

Hi

In addition, half the problem with Hotmail are Hotmail users who seem remain
determinedly ignorant of how to use or manage email accounts. They leave
them to fill up and bounce everything out and are of course mega-spam honey
traps. Try setting one up, never using it, come back a few weeks later and
it will be full of penis enlargement of one sort or another.

A better question would be to ask;

Is it possible to set up a filter in Mailman that disallows anyone with a
Hotmail address from subscribing and sends a message requesting them to
subscribe with another [ proper POP ] email account?

[ Except Yahoo or AOL ]

- and this option should be hardwired into the source code.

Seriously, Hotmail is an endless PITA of an equation whereby their
ineptitude subtracts exponentially from your time and effort.

For that question, I would be appreciative of an answer.

You can contact in theory Hotmail to get them to set up something that
allows you to legitimately bulk mail their servers but rather you than me

For their 14 point hoops to jump through, see;

http://advertising.msn.com/adproducts/Email_BulkDupe.asp

MA