[Mailman-Users] No notification of new list created

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 29 18:20:07 CEST 2004

At 11:08 AM -0500 2004-06-29, Michael Sullivan wrote:

>                                                            Should the
>  creation of the newlist show up in the /var/mailman/logs directory,
>  because /var/mailman/logs remains empty.  Are there any other log
>  locations I should check?  Please help!

	Do you have a /usr/local/mailman/logs directory?  If so, then
stuff might also show up there.  The directory /var/mailman/logs is
non-standard, so there's no telling what should be writing what logs
to that directory.

	Looking through my own logs on a Mailman server that I manage, I
don't see anything that records any evidence of a new list being
created.  Subscriptions are logged, including the method used to
subscribe them.  But that's the earliest part of the process that I
see in our set of log files.