[Mailman-Users] No notification of new list created

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Tue Jun 29 18:08:43 CEST 2004

mailman hasn't been working right since Monday morning.  I thought it
might be a sendmail problem because it stopped working after I started
trying to alter sendmail.mc, but I just found a backup of /etc/mail from
Sunday night when mailman was working and restored it, it mailman still
doesn't work.  I issue the command /var/mailman/bin/newlist to create a
new mailing list and then go through the prompts.  It gives me the
additions to /etc/aliases file and then to run newaliases.  It then says
that it's notifying the list owner (which I specify as
michael at espersunited.com)  I never get the email though.  Should the
creation of the newlist show up in the /var/mailman/logs directory,
because /var/mailman/logs remains empty.  Are there any other log
locations I should check?  Please help!