[Mailman-Users] Startup issues after upgrade (2.1.4 - 2.1.5)

Chip Cuccio chipster at norlug.org
Tue Jun 1 19:23:35 CEST 2004

Hi.

I upgraded my installation of MM from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5. I followed
the instructions/tips mentioned in the 'UPGRADING' file.

After I had upgraded, and attempted to start MM, I receive the
following error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 547, in ?
        main()
      File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 340, in main
        check_privs()
      File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 287, in check_privs
        gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
    KeyError: 'getgrnam(): name not found'

Anyone have any tips to help my troubleshooting effort?

I am running MM on a Red Hat Linux 7.3 server with Python 2.3.3.
MM was compiled against Python 2.3.3.

Thanks.

--
Chip Cuccio                    |  <chipster at norlug.org>