[Mailman-Users] Startup issues after upgrade (2.1.4 - 2.1.5)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 1 23:28:16 CEST 2004

At 12:23 PM -0500 2004/06/01, Chip Cuccio wrote:

>          gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
>      KeyError: 'getgrnam(): name not found'
>
>  Anyone have any tips to help my troubleshooting effort?
>
>  I am running MM on a Red Hat Linux 7.3 server with Python 2.3.3.
>  MM was compiled against Python 2.3.3.

	Redhat is b0rken.

	If you had searched the archives of the mailing list, you would
have quickly found
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-June/029911.html>.

	If you had searched the Redhat buglists, you would have quickly
found
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=88083> and
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=89695>,
both of which reference
<http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2003-179.html>.

	You can either apply the updated RPMs (which appear to be based
on version 2.1.1), or you can install Mailman from the source code,
according to the instructions provided.