[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.0.11 problems

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Jun 2 06:40:30 CEST 2004

On Jun 2, 2004, at 01:47, Joachim Schwendtner wrote:

> 2004-06-01 18:23:02 1BVALM-0000Bq-00 Neither the system_aliases
> director nor the
> address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
> |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post mailman
>
> I installed mailman 2.0.11 with apt-get on a debian-woody / with exim.
> I did the configuration changes in exim.conf like it is described in
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

If you use the technique described on that page (or the README.EXIM
file), you don't need to add the aliases for each list to Exim's system
alias file.  The lists are discovered based on the existence of the
list configuration files, and *those* directors use pipe routers that
correctly specify the user and group for the delivery.  The error
message suggests you added mailing list aliases to your system alias
file.  Try removing them.

If for some reason you want to use manually maintained alias lists,
create a director similar to the Exim system_alias director
(referencing a different alias file), and set the correct user/group on
it.  (But the automatic list discovery method is less error prone and
has a negligible performance impact.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/