[Mailman-Users] personalised emails

m.weerasinghe at ntlworld.com m.weerasinghe at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 20 11:32:03 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I am new to mailman and mailing list software. I am trying to setup a mailing list for a charity which would like to send periodic emails to the patrons. They would like to send emails  but dont want the users to email each other so I am thinking of setting up a readonly list. I am not sure if mailman is able to send personalised email. I did search on this and it looks like the definition of personalised email is different to the definition I use!

When I mean personalised email I mean the content should be able to address the recipient using their own name used in the subscriber list. From what I gathered others mean personalised email as the recipient field showing the users email address and not the list email address?

I dont want to send generic emails. Is this doable? Instructions would be nice but pointers at docs are very welcome. I would prefer a polite answer and not "RTFM"

Many thanks in advance

Mat