[Mailman-Users] Rotating Archives

Mark Dadgar mark at pdc-racing.net
Wed Jan 14 04:00:04 CET 2004

On Jan 13, 2004, at 6:23 PM, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:
> I am the admin of quite a few lists and on one of the lists I want to
> limit the archives to the last month only. Actually the last 30 days.
>
> Is this possible? I am running 2.1.1 (soon to be 2.1.4 with Richard
> Barrett's excelent patches for HTDig integration) on Redhat 7.3
>
> I have checked the archives of the list and didn't find anything on
> this.

This would be really easy to script and run daily from cron.  The basic
archives are stored in mbox format, so you just remove the appropriate
posts from the beginning of the mailbox and then call bin/arch with the
--wipe option to regenerate the archive html stuff.  Run it early in
the morning when no one is looking.

Piece of cake.

- Mark
-----