[Mailman-Users] Rotating Archives

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 14 04:25:49 CET 2004

On 13 Jan 2004 at 19:00, Mark Dadgar wrote:

> This would be really easy to script and run daily from cron.  The
> basic archives are stored in mbox format, so you just remove the
> appropriate posts from the beginning of the mailbox and then call
> bin/arch with the --wipe option to regenerate the archive html stuff.
> Run it early in the morning when no one is looking.

Any pointers? I am new to Linux and got thrown into the List admin
role by saying I was interested in learning Linux :-)

I had kind of though that it would be something along these lines,
but wasn't sure.

I guess I need to re-phrase the question properly :(

How would I parse the mbox file to remove anything older than XX from
it so I can regenerate the archives?

If someone has something like this I could look at I'd be ever so
greatful, or at least some pointers to the shell commands that I'd
need to look at to start on parsing the file.

Thanks very much for patience with a newbie.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be
promoted.