[Mailman-Users] missing archives and weird size question

david gordon davidg at goraich.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 16:07:28 CET 2004

Using Mailman 2.0.13 my list doesn't appear to have been archiving itself
(via Pipermail).

On the website archive page <http://mydomain.tld/mailman/private/mylist/>
messages stop in August 2003. The option to download the full raw archive
says it is 13MB.

When I use an FTP client (Fetch) to look at the files on the server I see
nothing in /usr/local/home/mailman/archives/private (Linux flavoured server).

But when I connect by command line over SSH I see files

admin at myserver mylist.mbox]$ pwd
/usr/local/home/mailman/archives/private/mylist.mbox

admin at myserver mylist.mbox]$ ls -lah
total 44M
drwxrwxr-x    2 mailman  mailman        80 Dec  8  2002 .
drwxr-x--x    6 mailman  mailman       160 Dec  8  2002 ..
-rw-rw-r--    1 mailman  mailman       44M Dec 22 13:54 mylist.mbox

Clearly I don't do this enough to see the blindingly obvious mistake but...

How come the archive is being written to today but I can only see file
from August 2003 on the website?

Why does the website say the mailbox is 13MB but its really 44MB?

How do I get out of this mess?

Many thanks!

--
David Gordon