[Mailman-Users] Problems reciving post from clients outside network

Ezra Taylor etaylor at amnh.org
Mon Dec 20 00:43:03 CET 2004

Hello all:

I setup mailman 2.1.5 on Debian woody and postfix 2.1.5.  Now here is
the problem.  I can send post to a mailing list as long as I'm within my
network.  But when I use my gmail and yahoo email account, I can't send
any posts.  I looked at the logs for the incoming mail servers and don't
see any traffic hitting the incoming MX's.  I also don't see any traffic
hitting the listserv.  Note, mailman works when I'm using an account
from my organization, But when I use an account outside my
organization.  No mail is being sent.  Again, there is no traffic on the
incoming MX's or the listserv.  Is this a problem with our mail servers
blocking account not coming from our domain?  Also, we have an old
mailman(version 2.1.1) listserv runnning on redhat and postfix 1.1.11.
This listserver has no problem honoring post coming from domains outside
our organization.  Furthermore, I looked in the mailman log and saw the
following error message:  Dec 19 09:15:02 2004 (1221) Warning: unable to
setgroups([1004]).  Lastly my configure options are below.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mailman --with-cgi-gid=www-data
--with-python=/usr/bin/python2.1   --with-groupname=mailman
--with-mail-gid=mailman

Ezra Taylor