[Mailman-Users] Question on archives

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Dec 23 02:06:56 CET 2004

On 12/21/2004 17:03, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Enrique Vega wrote:
>>
>> Do you think there will ever be a browser based way to delete messages
>> from the archives? Seems strange that this issue has not already been
>> incorporated into mailman.
>
> When someone wants it enough to implement it and contribute it back to
> the project, it will happen.

Meanwhile, an archive represents history, so removing a message from the
archive amounts to rewriting history.

Nonetheless, list owners in at least England need to be able to do it, or
run afoul of the enforcer of "take my personal information off your web site
NOW" requests.  The enforcer imposes big fines.

  --John