[Mailman-Users] Getting Mailman to work properly.....

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 31 23:47:55 CEST 2004

spamuser2 at chemtool.com wrote:

>  I have installed mainman under a SuSe 9.0 system.  server starts up correctly.  i made a default mail list... added users to it.
>
>when I check the /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman directory is a see a digest.mbox when i edit the file.  i see the pending email i've sent to the list.  the problem is, they're not being propregated through the list.  they're simply stored in the mbox.

digests.mbox is where posts are collected for eventual inclusion in the
digest. It has nothing to do with why the subscribers aren't receiving
mail unless they're all subscribed in digest rather than message mode.

Visit the FAQ wizzard at http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py and
see article 3.14 for some other things to check.